Odds are, you’re planning to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. After all, over 100 million Americans tune in every year. Will you be attending a Super Bowl Party? Maybe you’re hosting everyone at your place. Or maybe you’ll just be watching with a friend or two from the comfort of your couch.
Wherever you are, and whoever you’re with, Super Bowl Sunday is synonymous with snacking. Lots and lots of snacking. Fried chicken, hot dogs (small or large), nachos, chips, heroes (not to mention dessert). There usually isn’t a vegetable in sight.
But this doesn’t have to be the case. There’s no reason to abandon all the hard work you’ve put in to eating more healthfully in one short evening. There are ways to enjoy eating during the game, while sticking to your goals.
To that end, on my website I’m including links to recipes that are festive, satisfying and healthful. Crunch! Flavor! Plus, feeling good at the end (especially if your team wins).
Ways to get started:
- Drink water before you leave the house, and while you’re socializing. This will help you feel full and stay hydrated.
- Bring a healthful snack that you enjoy eating.
- Help yourself to a small amount of multiple snacks – enjoy a variety of flavors.
- Make room for vegetables – the crunchier they are, the more satisfying they’ll be.
- Don’t forget protein – it’s not just about carbs. Protein will fill you up.
- Stop eating when you’re full – remember to pay attention to your body (not just the game).